Monday, August 13, 2012

Artist 28:Matt Rainwaters


This guy is a very fun photographer also. He does portraits, that focus on unique details about the subject. A lot of times he uses props or second photos of places to emphasize who they are and what they do. The best of them are just cooky (is that a word?) and so fun.

I love his beard series. Just pictures of men with crazy facial hair. It makes me wonder where he finds these people, but it's great!

I think maybe one of the draws is again the emphasis on costume. Like his photos with people and their bikes are all about the different clothing on the different people. Such different outfits for people with the same hobby. But even more than the clothing, I get this feeling of magic in everyday things that I love. Someone who can photograph normal things without editing and show how everyday life and the real world can be magical is seriously gifted.

I couldn't find many pictures for this post so please, please look at his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment