Monday, August 13, 2012

Artist 27: Carli Davidson


Ah! So I've been slacking on writing these posts, but I have been finding artists to write about so today will be a catch up day. Starting with this photographer, because she is fun.

This is a pet and animal photographer. Which I think is the coolest job ever, but also something I could never do. I'm not a huge animal person. Blame it on the parents who never bought me a puppy. Ha. Anyways, this photographer is really talented at catching great moments with her animals, like with the facial expressions and the posture that show a little bit of their personality. Some of them look downright people-ish.

Something that I've noticed that I do not like in her photography is the white or other plain backgrounds. I think for the way that she captures the facial expressions and movement, a real life background would be better, like a backyard. The best of her photos are the ones that have some context for the animal. Or that are just super zoomed in on their face. Although I do have to make an exception for the "Shake" pictures- pictures where she takes a picture of dogs shaking out their fur- because I think there is enough movement in those photos that anything but a plain background would just be too much.


Check out her website.

This is actually a portrait of the artist taken by Holly Andres, but it's too great not to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment