Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Artist 24: Ay-O




This is a Japanese artist, and his installations just make me happy. It reminds me of when I was a little kid and if you asked me what my favorite color was I'd say "rainbow".

This artist shows the whole world in rainbow gradients. If only I'd gotten to see this as a little kid!
I'm not sure if this would count as art for real for me, but it is fun and trippy and interesting. My favorite is the classical bust painted rainbow, so fabulous!

 He definitely does take the one pattern to about its full extent, and all in one room. It makes me wonder what would happen if I just sat down and decided to fill a room with variations of one pattern or image. I would probably come up with some incredibly fabulous ideas! That would be a good enabling constraint, although I think this one and other super in your face patterns like it might be a little overwhelming if you saw it in person.


I found him on http://ilikethisart.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment