Monday, July 30, 2012

Artist 22: Aaron Crawford

Time to buckle down and get to work on these.

The thing that appeals to me about this artist is that he uses so many colors, happy looking colors, but the drawings themselves are of things like monsters and creepy spiders. His paint is splattered messily on the paper. The drawings make sense of the senseless paint splatters.


OK. Now I will share another huge love of mine. I like monsters. I like drawing them and I like seeing other people's drawings. Because there is so much scope for imagination (Oh man too much Anne of Green Gables). Really though, monsters are just fun. They can look like anything, and the more creative the better. This guy has a couple go-to's. He uses drippy long looking fingers, and lots of eyes all over the place. He uses regular animals for the heads and then distorts them. Anyways, they're just kind of fun to look at.

Anyways, look up his website.





No comments:

Post a Comment